Soft- Simon Ellis

Today we watched a short film called 'Soft' that was written and directed by Simon Ellis. It was 14 minutes long and was very engaging due to the choice of camera shots and hidden moments of plot used that Simon pointed out to us as a group. Here is my 25 word pitch for 'Soft':

Fear increases as the relationship between a 'perfect' father and his vulnerable son is compromised when they get visited by a harmful gang.




Watching 'Soft' has helped me to understand how crucial it is to have a clear change at some point in the story- such as the son being hit by the gang at the start to him standing up for himself by the end. This is definitely something I will use in my own work when writing my script I will make sure that there is a clear change in the characters; and their attitudes, just as there is in Soft.

Soft- https://vimeo.com/19705053

Comments

  1. this is a really good attempt at a pitch for Soft. I think the ending would work better with "threatened by a gang" rather than "visited by a harmful gang".
    Good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project evaluation

Test shoots

Workshop films/output