Production paperwork

There was lots of paperwork involved with this project, the part that probably took the longest was the risk assessment as it was the first time that I had properly done one, therefore it was great experience.

Risk Assessment


The Risk Assessment was very new to me as I had never done one before, therefore it took me a couple of attempts to get it right. First of all I printed off the template for it and and filled it in roughly with a pencil, this was so that I could get a rough idea of what to say. One of the things that I struggled with was finding scenarios where there could be risks so the columns were very useful but even with them I still was not being as precise as I needed to be so I listed every single scenario where there could be a risk and then I elaborated on them. Then I typed out the assessment with lots of detail on every risk that could happen and how it could affect the cast and crew, Laura said at this point that I had maybe included a bit too much detail as I had discussed issues such as dogs walking by and dog allergies but this would not matter in a closed off park, therefore I went through and finalised it with all of the new changes Laura suggested such as bringing torches in case it gets dark and taking waterproof covers in case it rains. The risk assessment was a lot harder than I thought however now I have completed one I feel a lot more confident about doing more in the future. The hardest part was probably getting permission from the local council to use the park as I emailed two weeks in advance however did not get a respond so I had to send them a follow up email as I did not want to turn up without permission so looking back I probably should have phoned or made an appointment to speak to someone instead of sending a follow up email, yet this is all good experience for future projects.










Cast List

For cast list I created a document with the actress's names and contact details on it. For nine year old Imogen I asked for two contact numbers, her mums and also her Grandmothers phone number who was chaperoning her. This was quite simple to create and I took it on the shoot with me in case I needed to contact anyone in advance or after the shoot. If I was using more actors in future I may include images of them as it would be very useful to quickly see who is who if there are lots of names on the sheet.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project evaluation

Test shoots

Workshop films/output